Personalized budget counseling that:
- Teaches the necessity of family budget planning based upon take-home income.
- Suggests techniques for developing and utilizing a monthly budget.
- Explores setting short- and long-term financial goals and prioritization of spending by distinguishing between wants and needs.
- Promotes the development of a realistic spending plan by recording monthly expenditures and by keeping a written budget supported by accurate records.
- Helps consumers understand the importance of regular allocation of funds for periodic expenses, savings, and for establishing an emergency reserve fund.
The initial counseling session generally lasts 1 – 1.5 hours, and follow-up sessions may be scheduled as needed. We charge $20 for the initial consultation, but the fee can be waived.